Your shopping cart is empty.
Jan 05, 2023
Most of us like to begin the New Year with a fresh start... whether re-connecting with people you may have lost touch with... or living a more healthy lifestyle... or getting a new look (I personally just got highlights and a haircut 💁♀️).
For many of us, just changing up the decor in our home (out with old, in with the new), is a GREAT way to start fresh. Art/decor directly affects our mood, so I wanted to share some tups with you.
The main rule in both creating art and purchasing art is: THERE ARE NO RULES!!! With that said, I have some personal interior design tips, as I have been decorating interiors of homes, hotels, and restaurants over the years.
1) Art does not need to match your decor or furniture. Pick something that speaks to you and you feel a connection with. Over the years, I've had people say "I always have trouble connecting to art but for some reason this piece of yours speaks to me." And sometimes it's the story behind a piece that makes my customers buy it. So when a customer asks for my opinion, I'll give it, but I also tell them to go with their gut. This painting is for you... not me!
2) Use masking tape to outline a square or rectangle where you want to place your art. Then, measure the outline of the tape so you know what size will look best. Better yet, some websites (including mine) have Augmented Reality, where you can project the painting directly onto your wall so it takes ALL the guesswork out of it. Click the video below to see how to use Augmented Reality on my site:
3) Determine your budget. Originals are the most expensive option and only come in one size. Prints are the cheapest option, and can be printed on different media options like canvas, metal, acrylic or wood, and you can choose ANY size ya like! Embellished prints are a hybrid of those two options, where the painting is printed onto a canvas, and then I paint over about half of the canvas print. You can click here to watch a quick process video of an embellished print.
4) Rule of lights and darks. Paintings with light, soft colors, look best against a darker colored wall. Paintings with darker colors, look best against a white or light wall. Our brains register lights against darks as a more visually pleasing experience.
5) Gallery wall VS. one big piece of art. For example, decide if you want to hang one 30x30" painting on a wall, or if you'd rather have nine 10x10" paintings on that same wall. In my opinion, one piece makes more of a statement, but the fun thing about a a gallery wall is that you can always change the pieces out and/or rearrange them when you get bored! Here is a picture of my very own gallery wall:
I hope these tips were helpful and if you have any questions, I am happy to help!
Have a wonderful and healthy 2023!!!
The presence of this badge signifies that this business has officially registered with the Art Storefronts Organization and has an established track record of selling art.
It also means that buyers can trust that they are buying from a legitimate business. Art sellers that conduct fraudulent activity or that receive numerous complaints from buyers will have this badge revoked. If you would like to file a complaint about this seller, please do so here.
This website provides a secure checkout with SSL encryption.
This is only visible to you because you are logged in and are authorized to manage this website. This message is not visible to other website visitors.
Click on any Image to continue
Below, select which favorite lists you would like to save this product into.
This means you can use the camera on your phone or tablet and superimpose any piece of art onto a wall inside of your home or business.
To use this feature, Just look for the "Live Preview AR" button when viewing any piece of art on this website!
Get exclusive access to new releases and VIP discounts.
Learn how to add texture to your paintings!
Enter your name and email below and I’ll send you my activity guide for creating a fun painting using some secret mix-ins you'll find around the house!
Sign up for first looks at new work, upcoming shows, and VIP discounts.
PLUS, HERE'S 15% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!